The Institute of Distance Education and Professional Development on the basis of information and telecommunication technologies provides training and retraining of personnel, advanced training of specialists, and also meets the individual needs of citizens in the framework of their professional development.
2004 - The Center for Distance Learning at the Institute of Information Technologies was established.
2009 - The Center for Distance Technologies was transformed into the Institute of Distance Education.
2019 - expansion of the Institute of distance education and its renaming into the Institute of distance education and professional development.
Mission of the Institute- improving the efficiency and quality of the provision of educational services as a result of the achievements of science and the development of an innovative technological base in accordance with the principles of the continuous learning process and the needs of the world labor market.
Institute strategy - the provision of affordable and high-quality educational services for individual citizens, as well as for specialists of any field, using modern information and communication technologies.
Goals of the Institute:
- organization of the educational and teaching process for preparing students in the fields of first and second higher education, masters and PhD students;
- ensuring the competitiveness of scientific potential and the relevance of the results of scientific activities of students;
- consolidation of computing resources and data storage facilities of the University with the possibility of operational processing, analysis and reliable storage;
- strengthening the position of the University in national and international rankings.
- To control and monitor, conduction of analysis and assessment concerning the study process of postgraduate, first and second higher education according to the personal results of current, mid-term and final controls, including research achievements of students;
- Development of an educational platform for organizing the study process on distance educational technologies using modern multimedia solutions, including ensuring security measures and updating the content;
- Monitoring and control of the promotion of educational services in the Internet space (website, SMM resources, public sources) with further implementation of action plans and implementation of recommendations for upgrading university ratings;
Organizational structure of the Institute of Distance Education and Professional Development
1. Department of educational process organization- carries out the educational process with the implementation of distance learning technologies on the basis of working curricula, the academic calendar, the schedule of the educational process, study schedules and other regulatory documents.
2. Department of Educational Content Development- develops electronic educational content for distance learning with the involvement of specialists in the established manner.
3. Department of Distance Technology content Implementation - is responsible for the development and support of the distance learning system "PolytechOnline". The task of the department is to analyze modern solutions in the field of distance education, based on the planning "PolytechOnline" work takes place.
4. Online Content Laboratory - develops distance education programs using computer graphics.
5. Department of Corporate Development - develops individual packages of commercial educational programs for potential and current corporate clients; maintains the won tenders.
Organization of the educational process of the Institute
Theeducationalprocessof the Institute is implemented on the basis of the interaction of a distance-learning teacher and student regardless of the place or time of training using digital technologies.
The system of Distance control of the educational process is based on the Polytech Online educational portal. The portal contains all digital educational resources and study materials for the University’s educational programs. Polytech.Online has no analogues in the Republic of Kazakhstan it allowscreating study processautomatically or independently, with subsequent certification and examination of students, set off the disciplines and issue a diploma (BSc, MSc, PhD).
The first and second higher education in Institute of Distance Education and Professional Developmenttakes place in trimester form, which allows students to optimally organize the time for study, and the University can accept students three times a year. For Master’s and PhD programstudents, Institute of Distance Education and Professional Development provides the study process using the Blended Learning technology, where the Master’s or PhD student gains knowledge independently in the online format.