The Institute of Distance Education and Professional Development on the basis of information and telecommunication technologies provides training and retraining of personnel, professional development of specialists, and also meets the individual needs of citizens within the framework of their professional development.
History of IDE&PD:
2004 - Distance Learning Centre was established at the Institute of Information Technologies (IIT).
2009 г. - The Distance Technology Centre was transformed into the Institute for Distance Education.
2019 - expansion of the Institute of Distance Education and its renaming as the Institute of Distance Education and Professional Development (IDE&PD).
The mission of the IDE&PD is to improve the efficiency and quality of educational services in direct interaction with the industrial base, taking into account the scientific and innovative orientation of the University in training highly qualified specialists who are competitive in the global labor market.
The strategy of IDE&PD is to provide accessible and high-quality educational services to individuals and corporate clients in the industrial sector using innovative and informed technologies.
Objectives of IDE&PD:
· ensuring the organization of the educational and methodological process for the training of students in the areas of first and second higher education, master's and doctoral Ph.D. students;
· implementation of modern technologies in the educational process using information and communication technologies at all levels of education;
· ensuring the competitiveness of graduates and their high demand in the labor market as highly professional specialists, as well as their involvement in scientific activities to implement innovative projects;
· strengthening the position of the University in national and international rankings by training highly qualified specialists and promising young scientists.
Tasks of IDE&PD:
· controlling, monitoring, accounting, analysis and assessment of the competency of postgraduate, first and second higher education students based on the results of current, midterm and final controls, including research achievements of students;
· development of an educational platform for the organization of the educational process on distance education technologies using modern multimedia solutions, including security measures and content updates;
· monitoring the promotion of educational services in the Internet space (website, SMM resources, public sources) in accordance with the University's mission and the implementation of action plans to improve the University's ranking.
Organizational structure of the Institute of Distance Education and Professional Development
1. Education Management Department - carries out the educational process using distance learning technologies on the basis of work plans, academic calendar, timetable, study schedules, and other regulatory documents.
2. Department of Educational Content Development - provides e-learning content development for online courses. It is responsible for organizing and providing documentary support for the development of electronic educational content for online courses, which is carried out by specialists involved in accordance with the established procedure.
3. Department of Distance Technology Implementation - provides administrative support for distance learning, is engaged in the introduction of new educational technologies based on computer technology using modern telecommunications and information capabilities. Responsible for developing and supporting the "Polytech Online" distance learning system.
4. Online Content Lab deals with preparing professional media content. Specialists provide more advanced processing: 2D and 3D graphics; insertions of video fragments.
5. Department for Corporate Development - develops individual packages of commercial educational programs for potential and current corporate clients.
6. Data Center - a department that uses the tools of intellectual analysis of data as data mining and implementation of artificial intelligence elements, in particular for making quality decisions to improve the efficiency of the university, including improvement of the university's ranking.
7. Data Management Department "Data Quality" - the body responsible for the collection of content and its quality.
The main task is to organize and supervise the promotion of the university in the Internet space in order to increase the recognition and position of the university in international rating systems, as well as to collect data necessary for the work of the Data Centre.
Organization of the educational process of the Institute
The educational process in IDE&PE is implemented using digital technologies based on interaction between the remote teacher and the student, regardless of the place or time of study.
The Polytech Online distance learning portal is the educational media of Satbayev University.
Currently, Satbayev University provides educational services to more than 10,000 students through a distance learning platform - Polytech Online https://polytechonline.kz/.
The system contains not only a database of 1,254 video courses but also has an interactive interface for tracking student progress. A total of 18,810 video files are currently available.
The Polytech Online database contains multi-lingual courses offered by Satbayev University's highly qualified teachers, which are available to students 24/7 with no limits on the number of views.
The mission of the portal is to improve the professional skills of teachers and students, to meet their needs and expectations through the use of various forms and technologies of online publications.
Polytech Online is a platform established by the University based on the popular distance learning system "Moodle". Educational materials on the University programs are available here. The system ensures convenient communication with a teacher. Written works can be photographed by students on the phone, sent to their account, and attached to the task directly in the system. The user accounts and timetable for students and teachers on Polytech Online are automatically created from data on the University's education portal. Logins and passwords are the same in all systems.
With the help of Polytech Online, students can obtain all the materials for Satbayev University educational courses. This platform has comprehensive online communication with the professor, and students can also attach online answers to assignments without the need for additional mail services. Polytech Online also contains tests that help to check the knowledge of students; video lessons that clearly explain the educational material; individual tasks to consolidate the knowledge gained in practice. Convenient and efficient!