The Registrar's office is an academic service that registers the entire history of a student's academic achievements and provides organization of all types of knowledge control and calculation of their academic rating.
Based on the University's strategy and mission, the Registrar's office is constantly being transformed to create a highly efficient department that fully uses the tools of automation and digitalization of work processes.
The Registrar's office tries to adhere to the following principles in its activities:
- client orientation;
- high-quality performance of functions;
- maximum transparency in the work;
- timely completion of tasks.
The purpose of the Registrar's Office is to organize and monitor the educational process of the University in the conditions of the credit system of education.
Functions of the Registrar's office
- assistance to institutes and departments in the organization of the educational process;
- improving the process of registering and recording academic achievements of University students;
- updating the database in order to obtain accurate and timely data that supports students in all areas of training;
- scheduling of training sessions and examination sessions for bachelors (full-time and accelerated), undergraduates and doctoral students;
- improving the quality of statistical reporting;
- preparation and approval of student movement orders;
- issuance of archival certificates, duplicates of diplomas and applications, certificates from the place of study, transcripts;
- confirmation of University graduates ' diplomas;
- conclusion of contracts with students for the provision of educational services at the University both at the expense of individuals and legal entities (bachelor's level), and at the expense of a state educational grant (all levels);
- coordination of all types of undergraduate practices in accordance with the working curricula of specialties and the academic calendar;
- conducting high-quality information and explanatory work, including through the hotline of the Call center to provide students with complete and complete information about studying at the University;
- legalizing the stay of foreign students in the city of Almaty and Almaty region, monitoring and controlling the movement of foreign students on a permanent basis;
- continuous participation in the development and analysis of academic regulations and procedures.
The structure of the unit
The Registrar's office is directly managed by the Director. The Director of the Registrar's office is appointed and dismissed on the recommendation of the Vice-rector for academic Affairs in accordance with the procedure established by the current labor legislation by the order of the rector of the University.
The Registrar's office consists of the following 6 departments:
- Student registration department;
- Statistics and documentation department;
- Class schedule department;
- Office of the financial aid;
- Department for work with foreign students;
- Student support center.
The division of responsibilities between department employees is carried out by the respective department heads in accordance with job descriptions.
Work planning and reporting
Registrar's Office carries out its activities in accordance with the annual work plans. Annual work plans of the Registrar's office are drawn up by the Director of the Registrar's Office in accordance with the University's long-term plans and approved by the Vice-rector for academic affairs.
At the end of the examination session, the Registrar's office prepares a statistical analysis of the summary data of the results of intermediate certification for institutions to assess the level of knowledge of students.
Interactions and relationships with other departments
In the implementation of the activities the Registrar's Office:
- interacts within its authority with other structural divisions, subsidiaries and partners of the University and other organizations, as well as with state bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan and individuals;
- coordinates drafts of prepared regulatory documents on the activities of the Registrar's office with the heads of interested structural divisions, University officials;
- in consultation with the University management engages employees of other departments on activities organized by the Registrar’s Office and requiring the participation of other departments of the university.