Currently, transport education is an established powerful system of training engineers, technical and other skilled workers who are able to perform various types of work in the transport complex, which includes all types of transport. Transport workers are special specialists whose education is connected with a deep understanding of the specific features of a complex transport infrastructure, which is necessary to ensure transport safety and create the most favorable conditions for everyone who uses its services. In the modern labor market, only a qualified employee of the appropriate level and profile can become competitive, competent, fluent in his profession and oriented in related fields of activity, capable of effective work in the specialty at the level of world standards and ready for constant professional growth. In modern conditions and requirements for higher professional education, it is in the NAO "Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I.Satpayev" at the school (Institute) of "Transport and Logistics" that the direction of training "Transport Engineering" trains highly qualified personnel in the field of transport, rail transport and transport infrastructure."
The direction of training "Transport Engineering" of the school (Institute) of "Transport and Logistics" trains specialists for time-demanded industries, transport, transport and logistics and railway sectors, has extensive experience in scientific and pedagogical activity within the walls of the Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I.Satpayev.
The direction of training "Transport Engineering" of the school (Institute) of "Transport and Logistics" trains specialists in the following educational programs:
Bachelor 's degree:
- 6B07108 -Transport Engineering (GOP B065, profile subject:
- 6B07123 - Technology of production, repair and operation of wagons
(GOP B065, profile subject: physics-mathematics)
- 6B07124 - Technology of production, repair and operation of locomotives
(GOP B065, profile subject: physics-mathematics)
Master's degree programs:
- 7M07108 Transport, transport equipment and technologies
(scientific and pedagogical, 2 years) (GOP M104)
- 7M07140 - Railway transport (scientific and pedagogical, 2 years)
- 7M07141 - Railway transport (profile, 1.5 years) (GOP M104)
- 8D07115 - Land transport, transport equipment and technologies
The objectives of the direction of training "Transport engineering":
- training of comprehensively educated, intellectually developed specialists who are able to realize their professional knowledge, skills and abilities at enterprises, public and research organizations of any form of ownership;
- to ensure the growth of the research activities of the teaching staff of the training area "Transport Engineering" in order to integrate education, science and production;
to develop students' practical skills in engineering analysis and design, the formulation and conduct of scientific research, including the formation of students' professional orientation as a personality quality of the future engineer;
- to improve the three–level model of training of personnel with higher and postgraduate education: bachelor's degree – master's degree - doctoral degree, meeting the requirements of consumers, based on the introduction of modern educational technologies and continuous improvement of teaching and methodological activities of the teaching staff of the direction of training "Transport Engineering".
- organization and implementation of the educational process, research, innovative work that meets the requirements of training qualified, competitive personnel for transport, transport and logistics and railway industries.
Tasks of the direction of training "Transport engineering":
- practical implementation in the educational process of the requirements of educational programs in the system of continuing education of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
introduction into the educational process of innovative technologies, promising teaching methods that contribute to the development of independence and creative thinking of students;
- increasing the level of responsibility of the teaching staff for the quality of education and the development of necessary knowledge by students in accordance with the qualification requirements for the training of graduates of the NAO "KazNITU named after K.I.Satpayev";
- development and improvement of students' creative thinking and independence in solving scientific problems, deepening and consolidating the knowledge gained during training;
- formation of a healthy moral atmosphere, friendship and cooperation in study groups;
- participation in international activities in the field of education and training;
training of highly qualified competent specialists for the transport, transport and logistics, railway sector of the economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, able to quickly adapt to rapidly changing socio-economic conditions;
- to form in the student a certain set of personal qualities, general cultural and professional competencies sufficient for the formation of a modern transport and railway industry in the country (region) and advanced organization of activities;
– training of qualified specialists with general cultural and professional competencies;
– external and internal evaluation of educational programs;
– conducting fundamental and applied scientific research, dissemination and promotion of scientific knowledge, introduction and commercialization of research results;
– satisfaction of the needs of the individual in intellectual, cultural and moral development through higher, postgraduate and additional professional education on the basis of the inseparable unity of the learning process and scientific research.
Mission and strategy of the direction of training "Transport Engineering":
To train competitive, qualified specialists with a high level of intellectual, general cultural and professional competence in the field of transport and transport equipment, railway transport, to combine theory with modern practice using advanced educational technologies.
The strategy of development of the direction of training "Transport Engineering" correlates with the vision and development strategy of the Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I.Satpayev for 2022-2026.
Improvement of educational and scientific activities in order to improve the quality of training of specialists in the field of operation, repair and maintenance of transport, transport equipment and railway transport.
In 2023, the NAO "KazNITU named after K.I. Satpayev" (Satbayev University) and the Xi'an Railway Vocational Technical Institute (Shaanxi Province, China) began working together to train railway workers. Within the framework of international cooperation, development and implementation of joint bachelor's degree educational programs, including double degree programs, academic mobility and exchange of students, teaching staff and administrative and managerial personnel, academic mobility of scientists, PhD doctoral students, undergraduates, joint work on publishing research results in relevant scientific publications of both states, informing each other about ongoing conferences and symposiums, conducting joint scientific research, An agreement on cooperation in the field of transport and logistics was signed between the Xi'an Railway Vocational Technical Institute (Shaanxi Province, China) and the KazNTU named after K.I. Satpayev (Satbayev University). The agreement was signed on the eve of the visit of the President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev to China. During the signing of the agreement, it was noted in their speech that Kazakhstan is a key partner in the implementation of such a project as cargo transportation "Western China – Western Europe".
The material and technical base of the direction of training "Transport Engineering" fully meets the requirements for training personnel in the field of transport, railway transport and transport infrastructure, they correspond to carrying out research works, carrying out large scientific projects on the problems of railway transport, road transport and transport facilities.
The direction "Transport Engineering" of the school of "Transport Engineering and Logistics" trains production-oriented personnel in the field of transport, transport equipment and technology, which, due to their versatility, are in demand and can be employed in any industry and national economy. Most public and private enterprises, such as: JSC "NC "KTZ", JSC "Kedentransservice", "Airastana", "AlurAvto" "AstanaMotors", etc. We are interested in training erudite, literate, specialists in the field of transport, transport equipment and technology who own modern software products.
The production of motor vehicles, their parts, accessories and engines is a new industry of the economy, which occupies a significant share in the total volume of mechanical engineering in Kazakhstan.
The development of the national automotive industry has a multiplicative effect on other sectors of the economy. Thus, one new workplace created in the automotive industry makes it possible to create from 3 to 11 more jobs in such related industries as the metallurgical, chemical and electronic industries, metalworking, spare parts production, transport and services.
The strategy of further development of the automotive industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan is based on the cooperation of domestic companies with world leaders such as General Motors, Hyundai, Kia, Peugeot, Renault-Nissan-Avtovaz, Skoda, Toyota, Iveco. This strategy will allow Kazakhstan to overcome the existing technological gap in the shortest possible time, quickly increase competencies, which in the future will allow it to integrate into the global automotive ecosystem.
The objects of professional activity of graduates of the direction "Transport engineering" are:
- machine-building plants producing transport machinery and equipment;
- enterprises and organizations operating transport equipment;
- design, design and technological organizations;
- machine repair companies;
- branded and dealer centers of machine-building and repair plants;
- marketing and forwarding services;
- logistics systems, transport management services.
Educational programs of the direction "Transport Engineering" have been accredited:
in 2011 - Accreditation of the specialty "Transport, transport equipment and technologies" by the Association of Engineering Education of Russia.
in 2016 - Accreditation of the specialty "Transport, transport equipment and technologies" NCAOKO.
in 2021 - Accreditation of educational programs 6B07108 - Transport Engineering and 7M07108 - Transport, transport equipment and technologies by an independent accreditation and rating agency.
Two digital laboratories were opened in the direction of "Transport Engineering": a virtual laboratory for the device of the car "Porshe" and a virtual laboratory for the device of electric vehicles.
These digital laboratories provide scenario modeling using artificial reality technologies. Scenarios are understood as repeated repetitions of certain sequential actions for their conscious improvement. Thus, there is a transition from quantity to quality, which is characterized by the improvement of knowledge, methods of activity, the formation of skills and abilities. The student can interact with 3D objects, look inside the assembled engine, examine all the details up close from all sides, as well as technically maintain and repair the main components of the car. For the convenience of training, the program will be divided into the following sections: Engine diagnostics, THEN KSHM repair,THEN timing repair,THEN cooling system repair, THEN lubrication system repair, THEN Gasoline engine power system repair, THEN Diesel engine power system repair, THEN Clutch repair, THEN Gearbox repair transmission, THEN repair of the gimbal, THEN repair of the differential, THEN repair of the half-axes, THEN repair of the chassis. Package contents: 15 VR glasses, TV panel.
In August 2023, together with the NAO "KazNITU named after K.I. Satpayev" (Satbayev University) and the Xi'an Railway Vocational Technical Institute (Shaanxi Province, China) opened a research center in the field of transport engineering and logistics.
In the direction of "Transport engineering" there is a branch in the SCCP "Multidisciplinary College of Vocational Training" of the Department of Education of the Almaty region S.Chemolgan".
Students annually participate in various events. Students of the educational program 6B07108-"Transport Engineering" Zhandarbek Damir and Simat Ermek took part in the annual Kazakhstan Drift Championship, which was held at the SOKOL race track.
Zhandarbek Damir and Seydaly Nurbolat also participated in the ixth Youth Forum of Transport Workers "KAZLOGISTICS", on the topic – "International logistics and trade: changes and opportunities".