2001-2002 years, the department headed Doctor of Technical Degree, Professor Kaziev G.Z. who is graduate of the Kazakh Polytechnic Institute majoring in "Electronic Engineering".
2011-2014 The department was headed by Doctor of Pedagogical Degree, Professor G.D. Zhangisina.
From September 2014 was appointed Head of the Department, candidate of technical degree, associate professor N.A.Seilova.
Nowadays the Information security department conducts preparation on specialties of a bachelor degree of the 5v100200-information security system and magistracy of the 6m100200-information security system.
The Department formed the main research areas for the development of design methods and the creation of distributed computing systems, networks and databases; organization of information security; development of monitoring and access control, etc. In recent years the trend has started to develop on the methodological, organizational and certification aspects of information security technologies. The faculty of the department consists of highly qualified specialists - graduates of Russian Higher Education Institutions: Bauman, MEI (Moscow), LETI (Leningrad) and the Kazakh National Technical University named after K.I. Satpaev.
The noticeable contribution to business of preparation of a highly qualified scientific personnel was made by professor Sarypbekov Zh. S. and associate professors Pshenin E. S., Scanty A.P., Tazhibayev B. B. Include the contribution of professor Dzhuruntayev of Z., Akhmetov B. S., Tynymbayev S. T., Aytkhozhayeva E. Zh., Turym A. Sh., Ermakov A. S., assistant Seilova N. A. professors., Berdibayev R. Sh. and teachers of department graduates of the Kazakh national technical university named after K.I. Satpayeva.
This department trained professionals as heads of educational institutions and research organizations, heads of national agencies and committees.
The department actively cooperates with leading universities and scientific centers of the world: National aviation university, department of Safety of information technologies (Ukraine, Kiev), St. Petersburg national research university of information technologies, mechanics and optics (Russia, St. Petersburg), university Bielsko-Biala ATN (Academy technical and humanitarian, Poland) and others.
Cooperation with the National Security Committee of the Republic of Kazakhstan, with Kaspersky Lab, with the companies "Tochpribor", "Falcongeyz", "Aknur Security", "SearchInform", "Check Point", "HalykKazteleport", "Galaxy", RSE "State technical service "(KZ-CERT)," Information Technology Center "," National Information Technologies ", etc., which are potential employers of specialty graduates.
The academic training is supported by the additional certified training in training courses of Network academy Cisco.
Purposes and tasks
In order to implement the Message of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan "The Third Modernization of Kazakhstan: Global Competitiveness", taking into account the approaches of the Kazakhstan-2050 Strategy on Kazakhstan's entry into the list of the 30 most developed countries of the world, according to the Cybersecurity Concept ("Cybershield of Kazakhstan") " contribution to the development of the society of Kazakhstan through the training of specialists of the new generation for the protection and security of information by the mission of the Department of Information Security is the fulfillment of the main tasks that are divided into:
To contribute to the development of society through the preparation of Kazakhstan IT-specialists of the new generation mission of the Department of Information security is to perform tasks that focused on:
- Development of new and modernization of existing model curricula of higher education on a majors "Information Security" with the current requirements of the information and telecommunications industry with a focus on modular training;
- Preparation of Specialists on Masters Degree program, aimed at training researchers, developers and managers of high-tech industries with the necessary competencies in the field of economics, management, law;
- Active development of research activities involving bachelors and masters;
- Carrying out research work in the field of information security;
- Strengthening sought scientific and educational disciplines and future directions;
- Establish strong relationships with scientists from other universities in order to improve the quality of education, as well as to maintain a professional and cultural ties.
Mission and strategy
The mission of department – training of specialists (bachelors, masters) of the high level in the field of protection and safety of information.
Strategic direction of department:
- Education improvement of quality. Recognition of educational programs in the international accreditation agencies. Improvement of quality of the organizations of educational process, an educational methodological support of the higher and postgraduate education, control of knowledge and registration of educational achievements of the technologies of training studying by improvement;
- Research work. Integration of scientific and innovative activity of department. Cooperation with public authorities and production companies.
- Development of department. Increase in scientific and pedagogical potential of employees, for the purpose of staffing of processes of innovative development of department.
- Development of the human capital. The organization of the personnel management providing increase in the PPS professional level.
- Implementation of the cultural project "Trinity of Languages" with priority development of a state language.