AP08857516 «Metal-containing ionic liquids in agrochemistry»
The relevance of the project
1) prerequisites for the development of the project, (if available, preliminary results and (or) results previously received by the applicant related to the topic of the project are indicated).During the work on the project NIR (AP05132833) “Metal-containing ionic liquids for extractive desulfurization and denitrogenation of motor fuels” (2018-2020) under the guidance of K. S. Rafikova, the new metal-containing ionic liquids were synthesized and showed high results as agents for desulfurization and denitrogenation. Moreover, some of the metal-containing compounds have proven to be effective against the Gram-positive bacteria and have shown excellent DNA binding and DNA cleavage activity . During the work on the TFP “Scientific and technical substantiation of the innovation of the chemical cluster in the field of creating new materials and technologies to increase the efficiency and environmental sustainability of industrial production” №BR05236302 (2018-2020) under the guidance of R.M. Iskakov, in the group of the principal investigator A.G. Zazybin, the range of the ionic liquids based on trimecaine and tolperisone were synthesized, these compounds have shown high plant growth-stimulating activity for the seeds of sorghum and their ecotoxicity was studied. Based on this work, the patent of the RK was obtained for plant growth stimulant N,N-dietyl-2-(mesitylamino)-N-metyl-2-oxoethylanaminium .
2) substantiation of the scientific novelty of the project with a mandatory review of previous scientific studies conducted in the world and the Republic of Kazakhstan related to the topic under study. Based on the analysis of the experience of the Republic of Kazakhstan and worldwide experience in the discovery of the new highly effective agrochemicals based on ionic liquids  and taking into account the first experiments of our research group on the synthesis  and application of the ionic liquids as plant growth stimulants with higher efficiency than commercially available growth-stimulant and with higher effectiveness than initial reagent with biological activity, it was concluded that there is the significant need of the modern agriculture for the dual-action non-ecotoxic agrochemicals of prolonged action. This need could be fulfilled by the metal-containing ionic liquids due to the targeted modification of their properties via the structure of the introduced substituents. The scientific novelty of the applied methodology is the synthesis of new metal-containing ionic compounds based on known non-toxic compounds with confirmed biological activity. Complexation with metals, which are important for agricultural chemistry and exhibit fungicidal or/and adaptogenic activity, will make it possible to obtain bifunctional compounds and, in addition, the gradual extraction of metal from complex compound will make it possible to obtain the agrochemicals of prolonged action.
The closest analog to emerging approach for the synthesis of metal-containing ionic liquids is the use of ionic liquids as adjuvants, herbicides and wood preservation agents with confirmed biological activity [5,6]. In most cases, the imidazolium-based ionic liquids are used for such chemical products preparation, with adverse impact on their ecotoxicity and biodegradation [7,8]. In our case, the probability to obtain the compounds with phytotoxicity and toxicity toward the soil bacteria is significantly decreased, due to the use of the non-toxic precursor substances (non-imidazolium type) with confirmed biological activity for the synthesis of ionic liquids. In addition, the growth-stimulating activity of the synthesized compounds could be fine-tuned via the changes in the composition and structure of the quaternizing agent.
A very important step in determining the safety of synthesized substances for the environment and the possibility of switching to field tests of the obtained compounds is the assessment of their ecotoxicity and antibacterial properties. In the framework of this project, we will continue to cooperate with a group of professors Murat Aydemir (Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey), which began in 2019 . The purpose of the collaboration is to study the antibacterial, antioxidant properties of the obtained ionic compounds and their complexes with metals.
3) научные и технологические нужды, обосновывающие важность результатов проекта, значимость проекта в национальном и международном масштабах, применимость его результатов для развития соответствующей сферы экономики, науки и (или) общественных отношений. Ionic liquids have become globally applied just in the last 30 years. During the Project, the new range of the biological active metal-containing ionic liquids will be developed and the compounds with low toxicity and confirmed biological activity will be used for their synthesis. The research will be interesting to the International community of researchers, as it will expand the range of the new polyfunctional ionic liquids, and to the national scale, as it will reveal the new candidate substances for the agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
4) the impact of the project on the level of research, scientific and technological potential, the competitiveness of scientific organizations and their teams, the expected social and economic effect of the project results, the conditions necessary to achieve the expected effect.
Ionic liquids are considered as an integral part of the “Green technology” due to properties such non-volatility, non-flammability, low toxicity. Furthermore, the Republic of Kazakhstan plans to produce the most part of the agrochemicals in its territory and the new candidate substances from the range of the ionic liquids are needed both for the scientific development and the industrial requirements. The received results in the determination of the candidate substances from metal-containing ionic liquids for producing plant growth-stimulants and adaptogens/anti-stress substances will contribute to the development of the green chemistry and technology, agricultural chemistry. In terms of the social impact, the Project realization will contribute to the development of the chemical products for crop yields increase and to the cultivation of affordable cereals and root vegetables, especially in the risky farming area (Kostanay Region, North Kazakhstan Region). The economic impact of the Project is the new chemical products, that will be develop based on the candidate substances in future, will reduce the dependence of the RK on import and will decrease the cost of domestic agrochemicals. Therefore, the Project implementation will be accompanied by the high socio-economic impact for the RK in terms of improving of crop yields and reducing of import dependence from foreign producers.
The main objective of the project:
The aim of the Project is the synthesis of metal-containing bifunctional ionic liquids based on the biological active substances to determine candidate substances for agricultural chemistry (plant growth stimulants, adaptogens, root formation stimulants, etc.).
The expected result: the candidate substances in the form of ionic liquids for application in agricultural chemistry as plant growth and root formation stimulants, adaptogens/antistress substances and plant growth retardants.
New and well-known derivatives of ionic liquids and ionic compounds based on diphenhydramine and naftifine have been obtained and developed for use in agricultural chemistry as plant growth and root formation stimulants, adaptogens/antistress substances, fungicides and retardants.
Names and surnames of the members of the research group with their identifiers:
- Rafikova Khadichakhan Sabirzhanovna – scientific supervisor
- Zazybin Aleksey Georgovich– chief researcher
- Anapiyaev Bakhytzhan Beisenbekovich – leading researcher
- Iskakova Konirsha Myrzashevna – senior researcher
- Dauletbakov Anuar Ametovich - researcher
- Zolotoreva Darya Sergeeva - researcher
- Belyankova Elizaveta Olegovna- researcher
- Islam Sholpan Saparbaikyzy – researcher
- Muratpekov Dulat Kaiyrkanuly– executor
List of publications:
1. A.Dayletbakov, L.Baktybaeva, B.Giner, A.Nuranov, D.Zolotareva, A.Boranova, B.Eskaraeva, A.Zazybin. Synthesis, myelostimulating activity and ecotoxicological studies of ionic compounds based on diphenhydramine. 21st Tetrahedron Symposium, 22 June 2021, P2.14, Gothernburg, Sweden.