AP09562886 "Development of water-absorbing composite materials based on N, N - dimethylacrylamide for plant growth"
Development of domestic polymers for soil moistening in the agricultural sector of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Changing the ambient temperature and pH allows you to adjust the soil moisture at the right time and in sufficient quantity. Hydrogel not only provides the soil with water, but also allows you to regulate the flow of nutrients from it into the soil. Work will be carried out on the creation and use of copolymers based on thermo- and pH-sensitive acrylamide capable of providing soil moisture and transporting micronutrients for plant growth..
Objective of the project
The main goal of the project is to intensify research on polymers, in particular hydrogels, used in agriculture in Kazakhstan. Production of domestic products that can eliminate dependence on foreign hydrogels and compete with foreign products. Synthesis of copolymers capable of transporting water and nutrients necessary for plant growth and their use in agricultural production.
Expected and achieved results
1) Determination of the optimal parameters for the synthesis of thermosensitive copolymers based on N,N-dimethylacrylamide to accelerate plant growth and their water supply.
а) development of an optimal environment and optimal conditions for the mutual compatibility of monomers for the synthesis of thermosensitive copolymers based on N,N-dimethylacrylamide.
б) study of regularities of phase transformation of thermosensitive copolymers based on N,N-dimethylacrylamide. Determination of the required concentration of the initiator, cross-linking agent required for synthesis.
c) Synthesis of thermosensitive copolymers at different ratios of monomers using selected optimal parameters.
2) To characterize N,N-dimethylacrylamide-based copolymers using modern research methods, which can be used as a supersorbent capable of providing water to plants, to study the kinetics of swelling-shrinkage in various media, the mechanism of introduction and removal from it of elements necessary for plant growth.
а) Determination of the structure, composition and structure of a copolymer based on N,N-dimethylacrylamide by modern physicochemical methods.
б) Study of the swelling-shrinkage kinetics in various media of a thermosensitive copolymer based on N,N-dimethylacrylamide.
c) Investigation of the mechanisms of penetration and extraction of elements necessary for the growth of hydrogels based on hydrogel based on N,N-dimethylacrylamide.
3) Determination of the ability of the copolymer based on N,N-dimethylacrylamide to kill (destroy) bacteria and improve this ability.
Copolymers based on DMA-AA have been developed. The optimal parameters of their synthesis were determined, as well as the swelling kinetics depending on time, pH of the medium, the ability to deliver drugs, and the ability to selectively destroy bacteria..
Names and surnames of the study group members with their identifiers
- Nakan Ulantai - scientific adviser
- Adikanova Dinara Bakytbekovna - leading Researcher
- Eligbayeva Gulzhakhan Zhakparovna - chief Researcher
List of publications
- Ulantay Nakan, Shayahati Bieerkehazhi, Balgyn Tolkyn,Grigoriy A. Mun, Mukhit Assanov, Merey E. Nursultanov, Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Application of Copolymers Based on N,N-Dimethyl Acrylamide and Acrylic Acid // Materials 2021, 14(20), 6191;
- Ulantay Nakan, Balgyn Tolkyn, Dinara Adikanova, El-Sayed Moussa Negimorcid, Gulzhakhan Yeligbayeva, Tulegen Seilkhanov, Bibigul Kenzhebayeva, Kaldybek Zh Abdiyev, Characterization and swelling properties of copolymer Poly(N, N-dimethyl acrylamide -co-acrylic acid) and homopolymer Poly (acrylic acid) // Egyptian Journal of Chemistry 2021
- Нақан Ұлантай, Толқын Балғын, Е.И. Кульдеев, Г.Ж. Елигбаева, Д.Б. Адиканова, М.Е. Нурсұлтанов, Термосезімтал гидрофильді сополимерлердің синтезі және сипаттамасы // Вестник КазНИТУ 2021 №2 152-157б
- Нақан Ұ, Кожабекова А.А., Кенжебаева Б. А., Иманбек М.А., Сулейменова А.Б. Исследование сополимеров на основе N, N-диметилакриламида // Международной научной конференции «Ломоносов-2021», секция «Химия» 166б